For those of you who have ever surfed, it is common knowledge how dangerous the sport can be. The waves are unpredictable and powerful, and many people have been seriously injured or killed by them over the years. What most people don’t know is that bodyboarding also has its risks. And there is a long list of bodyboard accidents that took place in bodyboarding history. Bodyboarders must fight to stay on top of their board. They paddle out into the surf zone to catch a wave. With rough water and strong currents, there is a lot that can go wrong for these brave bodysurfers.
Bodyboarders are also at risk of being hit by a large wave. There is always the chance that they will be hit with an object in the water like rocks or trash. The waves can push them under until they drown; if this happens near shore it could lead to fatal consequences. There have been instances where bodyboards were submerged underwater without anyone realizing for hours on end, resulting in death from exposure due to hypothermia. Bodyboarding accidents often happen because these boards don’t offer as much protection as surfboards do: their shape makes them more prone to get caught underneath waves when someone falls off. Even though many people find bodyboarding easier than surfing because you only need one hand instead of two (and thus less coordination), this can also be a disadvantage as it makes the board harder to control.
A possible advantage of bodyboarding over surfing is its affordability: one-piece boards are cheaper than surfboards, while foam boards are free! The advantages don’t outweigh the dangers though; some beginners may find it easier because they only need one hand instead of two (and thus less coordination), but this could lead them into trouble if they fall off their board.
bodyboarding is dangerous because:
1. Bodyboarding is dangerous because you can get hit by a wave and lose your balance
2. it’s easy to fall off the board and get hurt.
3. if you’re not careful, you could be knocked unconscious by a wave
4. people often don’t wear helmets or other safety gear when they should. If someone heat by a rock or other hard material like trash or floating wood etc, they might get hurt. Here are some safety gear lists that might help you
5. in some cases bodyboard breaks. Most often the cheap board breaks faster than the premium board. there are some good bodyboards which are ranged between 100- 200 USD. They are durable and you can ride like a professional.